Two championships are better than one

Men’s XC wins third straight title:

Freshman phenom Richard Klauber took first place at the Northeast Conference Championship meet, leading the Bobcats to their third straight NEC championship. Quinnipiac won with 52 points, beating Mount St. Mary’s (76) and Sacred Heart (102).
Klauber, who was named the NEC Outstanding Performer and Freshmen of the Year, finished the 8,000 meters in 26:20, edging out Sacred Heart’s John Kenworthy by 13 seconds. The Bobcats head coach, Ed O’Connor, won his fifth Coach of the Year award.
The NEC All-Conference Team was filled with four Bobcats: John Greenlaw, Dan Roark, Tyler Dinnan, and Klauber. The Bobcats advance to the NCAA Regional meet on Nov. 15 at Van Cortlandt Park, N.Y.

Women complete four-peat:

The Bobcats continued their dominance in cross country, winning their fourth straight NEC title. The team was led by individual champion Chelsea Bollerman. Bollerman’s time of 18:28 in the 5,000 meters won her the NEC Outstanding Performer award. Morgan Roche was named Freshman of the Year after finishing in fourth place, just 20 seconds behind senior teammate Bollerman.
Quinnipiac won with 32 points, and were followed by Sacred Heart (62), and Monmouth (76). Head Coach Shawn Green won his third straight NEC Coach of the Year award.
Junior Lindsay Pierret, freshman Katherine Beam, Roche and Bollerman all made the NEC All-Conference Team. The NCAA Regional tournament is scheduled for Nov. 15 at Van Cordlandt Park, N.Y.