Artist Highlight: Shwayze

If you had Kid Rock stuck in your head “all summer long,” then you might want to check out a group called Shwayze. Aaron Smith (Shwayze), Cisco Handler and Trevor McFedries (DJ Skeet Skeet) make up this Malibu, Calif., rap, hip-hop, indie trio.

Originally, this group started out as just Smith but ever since Handler, who was the front man of a group called Whitestarr, discovered Smith, the group Shwayze has been making music with the help of McFedries. You might recognize Shwayze from the MTV reality television show entitled “Buzzin.”

Together, these guys have made hits such as “Corona and Lime,” “Buzzin,” “Don’t Be Shy,” “High Together,” “Roamin,” and “Polariod” off of their debut self-titled “Shwayze” album. And these songs are climbing the charts. The first single “Buzzin” has reached No. 46 on Billboard Hot 100 in the U.S. Also, their second single “Corona and Lime” has reached No. 23 Billboard Hot 100 in the U.S. as well. With their California roots, you can bet that their music is great to listen to when you’re looking for a good time or just want to chill out.

Touring is definitely something Shwayze is in high demand of. They just spent this past summer on the 2008 Vans Warped Tour traveling to places nationwide. Playing on that tour also gave them the opportunity to be on the same ticket as Katy Perry, Gym Class Heroes, Angels and Airwaves, All Time Low and Say Anything. Right now, they’re actually on tour with Metro Station. For tickets, check out Ticket Master online.

Shwayze is definitely one hot band right now! You’ll want to keep your eyes peeled for this band coming to the local area. For more information be sure to check out their myspace (www.myspace.com/shwayze) and band page (www.shwayze.com).