Artist Highlight: Phone Calls From Home

Are you a fan of New Found Glory or Taking Back Sunday? Then you might want to check out an up and coming band from Boston, Massachusetts called Phone Calls From Home. Dave Place (Vocals/Bass), Zack Gowan (Vocal/Guitar) and Jeff Amadei (Drums) make up this trio.

The guys of Phone Calls From Home have always had a passion for music and went to high school together. Originally, this group started out as a cover-band called “Alius Spero” and played a lot of local shows just for fun. But they always knew that they wanted to do this full fledge. Phone Calls From Home was officially formed in the summer of 2007 and they are currently signed to a Boston-based indie label called Red Blue Records.

This past July, they came out with their first debut self-titled EP which contains songs like “Tonight I’m Over You”, “Keep This Dream Alive”, and “Photos of You”. The first track off of their EP is called “Coming Back To The World” and it’s said to “have the potential to get them on the charts easily” and has “infectious hooks that will leave you wanting more!” This EP was produced by Rob Freeman, who is known for having worked with groups such as Cobra Starship, Hit the Lights, Parade The Day, Hidden In Plain View and Houston Calls.

Besides their EP being released this past summer, another highlight for Phone Calls From Home would definitely have been being able play on the 2008 Vans Warped Tour for a month. They played shows with groups like Angels & Airwaves, Gym Class Heroes, We The Kings, All Time Low and The Audition. They even got to play at their hometown show. This time on the road helped get their name out and gave them the opportunity to sell over 5,000 records. That’s pretty impressive! Speaking of touring, Phone Calls From Home is currently in the process of doing their very first national tour this fall. They’re playing shows in places like California, Texas, Florida and New York.

Overall, Phone Calls From Home might have started off as just a tiny cover band that only played local shows, but now they are branching out and definitely on the rise. This is a group that you are going to want to keep a close watch on. Check on their Myspace page (www.myspace.com/phonecallsfromhome) often to get the latest information about what these guys are up to, whether it be a new CD release or touring. You are definitely going to want to check Phones Calls From Home out! And once you do, you’ll be hooked for sure!