Braff Extends “Thank You”

I would like to extend a hearty “thank you” to The Chronicle.
    When I picked up The Chronicle today I did not know what to expect. When I saw “LAX Faces Suspension” on the front page, as the editor of The Quad News, I immediately thought to myself, “Man, they got to it first.” As a student, I thought to myself, “This is exactly what this school needs.”
    With The Chronicle’s first big story of the year being the one it was, I hope it is safe to make the assumption that they mean business, and they will put out important, relevant stories, regardless of how the administration may react. I applaud The Chronicle for running this important story, one in which the University may have been trying to keep quiet. This sounds familiar, doesn’t it?
    I think this campus should be excited for what this upcoming year will grant them access to for the first time in the history of this school; two newspapers. The students now have more opportunities not only to contribute their writing skills, but more importantly, to get their news.
    I am personally excited for the friendly competition that will ensue this upcoming year between The Chronicle and our independent newspaper, The Quad News. Having competition will certainly improve The Chronicle and The Quad News, and will force them to stay on top of their games. I wish The Chronicle staff the best of luck, and I look forward to what should be a good year of journalism.

Sincerely,
    Jason Braff
    Editor in Chief, QuadNews.net