Letter to the Editor: QU community commited to fight

As staff partners of this year’s American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Quinnipiac University, we would like to extend our appreciation to the many individuals that attended and supported last week’s event on campus. More than 1,059 people participated in this year’s event, raising more than $106,000 for the American Cancer Society’s research, education, advocacy and service programs. The outstanding support received proves that the Quinnipiac community is truly committed to the fight against cancer. We want to applaud the 10 survivors who participated in the opening lap and survivor reception. They are the reason we continue the fight, because each year there can be more and more people living wonderful lives following a diagnosis of cancer.

A special thanks to the many Relay For Life volunteers who worked to make this, the first year anniversary, event a success. The Relay For Life committee did an outstanding job of putting the event together, including Nicholas Robbins and Christina Owczarek. We also appreciate the generosity of our sponsors, including Rivardo Schnitze & Capelli Architechts, Bread & Chocolate, Helen’s Teas and Candy Bouquets, Powerstation Events, ABF Freight System, Bruegger’s Bagels, Chartwells, Edible Arrangements, La Moda Fashions, LTO Associates, Modell’s Sporting Goods, Mount Carmel Laundromat, Pepsi Bottling Co., New Britain Rock Cats, Sleeping Giant Golf Course, Sorrento’s Pizza, TGI Fridays, Wings Over Hamden, Quinnipiac University, Genesis Healthcare Corporation, and Carlson Therapy Network PC.

Again, thank you for supporting the American Cancer Society, and remember it’s not too early to become involved in Relay For Life for next year.

Sincerely,

Cristina Faienza and Crystal James