Indoor track teams enjoy successful winter season

The men’s and women’s indoor track teams have been carried by some great individual performances over the last month.

Tyler Dinnan became the first Bobcat in school history to take home an individual title at the Northeast Conference championships by winning the 3000 meter race.

Keith Bushey finished second in the race, just four seconds behind Dinnan.

At the New England Championships, Dinnan, Jacob Gurzler and Jack McDonald all finished with personal bests in the 1 Mile Run.

On the women’s side, the Bobcats finished 14th out of 32 teams at the New England Championships held at Boston University last weekend.

Chelsea Bollerman finished second in the 1 Mile Run with a personal best time of 4:55.65.

Kristen Stevens, who had a standout cross country season in the fall, finished fifth in the 3000 Meter run.

Susan Ashe ran a personal best 17:14.35 in the 5000 Meter to finish in second place.

Lindsey Pierret and Sasha Varanka both also set personal best times in the event.

Ashe and Bollerman each qualified for the ECAC Championships, which are slated for Saturday, March 8 in Boston.

Bollerman won the 1 Mile Run at the Northeast Conference Championships and also set a school record in the 800 Meter at the Rhode Island Invitational on Feb. 2.

Her time of 2:15.99 was 1.4 seconds faster than the previous record, set by Erin O’Connell in 2005.

Both teams finished in seventh place at the NEC Championships held on Feb. 9 and 10.