MOVIE REVIEW: Just Go With It

A cunning plastic surgeon Danny (Adam Sandler) ran away from his wedding 20 years ago, and now hits on women by wielding the wedding ring he never used. Everything is running smoothly until he meets a stunning woman named Palmer (Brooklyn Decker), and wants to actually marry her. After one night together, she discovers his wedding ring by mistake. To set things right, Danny asks his faithful assistant Katherine (Jennifer Aniston) to pretend to be his ex-wife so he can prove to Palmer that he’s everything she could ever want. But as things get even more mixed up, Danny finds himself experiencing unfamiliar feelings.

Dylan Cohen, Freshman Film Major

8 / 10

Adam Sandler is back! With a string of misfires at the box office (“Grown Ups,” “Funny People,” “You Don’t Mess With the Zohan”), Sandler needed a hit. By far his best movie in years, “Just Go With It” is a clever, heartwarming comedy.

Sandler and Aniston worked extremely well together, and made for a realistic and hilarious duo.

It was a pleasant surprise to watch the two entertaining child actors in the movie, Bailee Madison and Griffin Gluck. Nick Swardson, the comedic genius who plays Sandler’s brother, just needed to speak in order to be funny. Along with Swardson, it was nice to see beautiful actress Nicole Kidman and beloved rock star Dave Matthews play a couple in the film, and it made for a hilarious side story.

Although it is predictable at times, “Just Go With It” is an enjoyable romantic comedy that will touch your heart and make you laugh. If you find yourself questioning whether or not to see it, I say, just go with it.

Chris Gillotte, Freshman Theater Major

6.5 / 10

“Just Go With It” is your average romantic comedy. The dialogue is witty, and the characters build up their troubles and woes until everything eventually reaches its predictable climax.

The supporting cast is fresh with two devious kids (Bailee Madison and Griffin Gluck), Danny’s ridiculous brother (Swardson), and an archrival couple that makes things interesting toward the end (Dave Matthews and Nicole Kidman). Amazing eye-candy is provided by the likes of Danny’s two love interests (Jennifer Aniston and Brooklyn Decker).

Watch for Swardson’s crazy on-screen antics and the amazing number of lies Sandler’s character builds himself into. See how Danny enlists the help of his “ex-family” to try to win the heart of another younger and downright stunning woman.

Overall, I was surprised by Aniston’s acting chops, and enjoyed Sandler throwing in comedy whenever he could. Dennis Dugan’s direction provides an altogether enjoyable experience.

Media credit: Youtube