Athlete’s Diary

In our second meeting of the season, Quinnipiac field hockey took a double overtime win versus Monmouth University, 3-2. In the previous meeting, Quinnipiac blanked Monmouth 3-0, pushing the Braves to 5-2 overall.
I scored the first goal, about five minutes into the game. Monmouth responded with two goals, sending the Braves into the half behind, 2-1. The second goal came on a breakaway by freshmen Meredith Klein. Tied at two, both teams played scoreless for fifty minutes. I scored the game-winning goal with 1:44 remaining in the second overtime. “This was one of the most exciting games I have ever played in,” said senior goalkeeper Sarah Mathers. “We are finally coming out with the win in these close games,” said Mathers.
After two days of practice, the team beat Siena College, 5-2. Being parent’s weekend, things turned out great because every player was able to see some time. The goals were scored by myself(2), Heather Cady, Kelly Proper, and Kristin Crosby. “This was a great game across the board. All of the underclassmen were able to get some quality time today,” said senior co-captain Jaime Glendening.
This win takes the Braves to 6-2 overall. With a week off, the team is looking ahead to next weekend’s games. The Braves have a rematch versus St. Francis on Saturday and UMBC on Sunday. In their last meetings with these teams the Braves pulled out two victories; 2-0 versus UMBC and 9-0 versus St. Francis.