Langlois leads men’s ice hockey over Clarkson

When the Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey team has a lead heading into the third period, the opposing team might as well hit the showers.

Quinnipiac (13-10-3, 6-6-2 ECAC) extended its unbeaten streak when leading after two periods to 59 games (54-0-5), the longest active Division I streak, and defeated Clarkson in a 3-2 road victory at Cheel Arena in Potsdam, N.Y.

Jeremy Langlois continued his hot streak with two goals in the game and now has five goals in his last three games. Goaltender Eric Hartzell finished with 21 saves while the victory moves the Bobcats past Clarkson for seventh place in the ECAC standings.

Langlois’ goals both came in the first period, giving the Bobcats a 2-0 lead that they would not relinquish.

Langlois’ first goal came quickly at 3:41 into the first period when he knocked the rebound from Ben Arnt’s shot into the net for the early 1-0 lead. His second goal came ten minutes later after Arnt knocked a rebounded shot toward Langlois who slid the puck into the net for the 2-0 lead.

Six minutes into the second half, Clarkson (13-10-3, 6-5-1 ECAC) cut QU’s lead in half, 2-1, when Andrew Himmelson found the back of the net for the Golden Knights on a 5-on-3 power play.

The Bobcats led 2-1 heading into the third period, and continued to prove how tough to beat them in the third when Yuri Bouharevich extended QU’s lead to 3-1. The goal broke a dry spell for Bouharevich, who had not scored since Dec. 11.

The Golden Knights added another goal with just under four minutes left to play, but it was too little too late as the Bobcats came out on top.

The Bobcats continue its road trip against St. Lawrence on Saturday at 4 p.m. at Appleton Arena in Canton, N.Y.