Connecticut provides unique entertainment

ure, college seems like one big co-ed slumber party at first. Soon however, you and your roommates and friends will want to head out for a night, or day, on the town. There are some great coffee shops and ice cream parlors in Hamden and the surrounding towns, but for those of you looking for something exciting and different, you have to be willing to travel. There is much more waiting for you in the Constitution State. Here are some of the hottest and most interesting places to visit in Connecticut:
    Meadows Music Theatre- Past performers include the Dave Matthews Band, Barenaked Ladies, Matchbox Twenty, the Backstreet Boys.Visit www.meadowsmusic.com for show listings, ticket information, and directions to the theatre.
    Oakdale Theatre- Presents concerts (Marc Anthony, Nelly), musicals (Rent, Saturday Night Fever) and comedians (David Spade). Located a short ride away from Quinnipaic, in Wallingford. Visit www.oakdale.com for show listings, ticket information, and directions to the theatre.
    Toad’s Place- “Where the Legends Play!” 300 York Street, New Haven. Be aware that some shows are for individuals 21 years of age and older. Visit www.toadsplace.com for a list of shows and directions.
    Shubert Theater- New Haven. Now featuring “Guys and Dolls,” “The Music Man,” and more. Visit www.shubert.com for directions, ticket information, and show listings.
    Yale Art Gallery- 1111 Chapel Street (at York Street). Visit www.yale.edu/artgallery/index.html.
    Mystic Aquarium- Many varieties of fish, along with seals and penquins. 55 Coogan Boulevard, Mystic CT 06355-1997. Call (860) 572-5955 or visit www.mysticaquarium.com.
    New Haven Veterans Memorial Coliseum- Known especially for their sporting events, including visits from the World Wrestling Federation. 275 South Orange Street, New Haven, Connecticut