Hours of shopping; minutes from campus

While the atmosphere of Quinnipiac University provides a quiet, community feel, traveling off-campus is a must for many students. With four large malls located within a half an hour from Quinnipiac, there is no shortage of places to go shopping.
    Closest is the Connecticut Post mall in Milford. Only 20 minutes away, the Post mall is located off exit 39B on Interstate 95 or exit 54 on Connecticut Route 15, the Merritt Parkway.
    Although it is the smallest of the area malls, the Connecticut Post mall offers clothing stores such as Abercrombie and Fitch, Express and Pacific Sunwear, as well as novelty stores such as Bath and Body Works and Spencers.
    A little further down the Merritt Parkway, at exit 48, is the Trumbull Mall, a multi-level shopping town that houses something for everybody. One of the larger malls in the area, Trumbull mall offers a wide variety of stores from Champs to Old Navy and Gap to Yankee Candle. The first floor is home to additional stores as well as an impressive food court.
    Approximately 25 minutes from Quinnipiac, Meriden mall, located in Meriden, can be found in the opposite direction. Take Interstate 91 North to Interstate 691 West towards Waterbury. The mall is off exit 6 (Lewis Avenue).
    Shoppers can browse through Aeropostale, Charlotte Russe, Eddie Bauer or Victoria’s Secret. Grab something to eat or try on some shoes at Foot Locker.
    Westfarms Mall is just west of Hartford in Farmington. Take 91 North to Route 9 North to exit 30. Turn right onto New Britain Avenue and follow to the mall. Westfarms can also be reached by taking Interstate 691 to Interstate 84 East and using exit 40.
    This two-tier shopping facility boasts numerous stores including J. Crew, Nordstrom and Banana Republic. Illuminations, a decorative candle shop located on the lower level, is a relatively new addition as is the Build-a-Bear Workshop where children and the young at heart can create their own stuffed animal.
    Connecticut is also home to several other shopping facilities including the Danbury Fair Mall, the Brass Mill Center in Waterbury and two outlet malls in Clinton and Westbrook.