Branches: A place to focus on your faith and to find your spiritual self

John Hirbour, the creator of the Branches website, states that,”Branches is a group that is dedicated to representing Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior in every aspect of our daily lives. It is a Catholic Group that welcomes people of any religion to learn about Jesus Christ. We strive to help people realize the importance of friends, family, and faith. The pastor on campus is Father Lou and he is assigned, full time, by the archdiocese of Hartford.
    Branches is more than just a Catholic Group. It is a group that welcomes all people from all religions to join in exploring and sharing their faith. Branches is responsible for many events and activities that go on around campus such as: Sunday Masses at 6 p.m., Holy Day and Ash Wednesday Masses, Sacraments for those people who have not received them but wish to, Spring and Fall retreats for Q.U. students hosted by Q.U. students, confirmation retreats for high school students of six local parishes staffed by Branches, choir for mass and ministry.
    Branches is even more–it is a family, a safe haven, where people can get to know others and feel like they belong. There is a rectory in SC 209 that is always open to anyone at anytime.
    Anyone interested in becoming a part of the Branches family can come to the first meeting on Tuesday, September 4th at 7 PM in SC 209. There is also a fall retreat Sept. 14 and 15 at St. Donato’s Church. Sign up sheets for this retreat are located in the rectory. You can also check the Branches web site for information at www.qubranches.org.