SGA Update: Week of Sept. 27

Happy October, Bobcats!

This month is filled with awesome opportunities. Whether you want to voice your concerns to SGA or educate yourself on University initiatives, come to your general board meetings open to everyone held every Wednesday at 4:15 p.m. in Mancheski Seminar Room in the Lender School of Business. Throughout the year, SGA will have the privilege of having many special guests come to SGA meetings to start or continue a conversation on a variety of University initiatives.

On Oct. 13, Susan Fowler, philosophy professor and Protestant minister, will be coming to SGA to discuss and get a sense of the spiritual needs on our campus. If you feel that Quinnipiac’s spiritual offerings need to be adjusted or even if you think they are fine the way they are, come to this meeting.

On Oct. 20, President John Lahey is scheduled to attend the SGA meeting to give the students the full scoop on what is happening at Quinnipiac and what the future holds for incoming Bobcats.

At the end of the month, Oct. 27, Lynn Bushnell, vice president for public affairs, along with other administrators will be all ears to hear what the students want in regard to the 2012 commencement ceremony. They will be taking suggestions while also educating students on what current plans exist for the ceremony.

Planning on coming to a meeting? Have a question you already know you want addressed? Send the comment to my e-mail in a timely manner and I’ll forward it to our speaker so that they can be prepared with the most informative answer. If you cannot make it to an SGA meeting but still would like your voice presented, submit your question or comment to me and I will be sure to keep you updated with what happened during the conversation.

Lastly, congratulations to the freshman class and their new student government representatives! I speak for all of the new members of SGA when I say, if you want to have any changes made in the Quinnipiac community, know that you can bring those ideas to the freshman SGA representatives and they will work with you to try to make them happen.

• Freshman class representatives meet at 4 p.m. in SC 213 on Mondays.

• Sophomores meet at 9:15 p.m. on Mondays in SB 121.

• Juniors meet in the Rocky Top Student Center Room 401 Mondays at 8:30 a.m.

• Seniors meet at 4:20 p.m. on Mondays at the Rocky Top Student Center.

See you at the next SGA meeting!

With Bobcat Pride,

Matt Hudak, vice president of public relations
[email protected]
P.S. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @QUSGA!