On Wednesday we go to Broadway

“I have two very big, very exciting announcements. One, I finally got GPS in my car. And two, we’re bringing ‘Mean Girls’ to Broadway,” Tina Fey said in a promotional video for the musical.

The coming-of-age comedy is making its way to the stage as “Mean Girls” on Broadway. Fey wrote both the screenplay and the book the musical is based on. Previews begin March 12, 2018 and opening day is April 8, 2018 in the August Wilson Theatre in New York City.

The musical was first performed in Washington, D.C. in The National Theater in Oct. 2017. While playing in Washington, D.C., the 2018 Helen Hayes Awards nominated the musical for the category of Outstanding Visiting Production.

Casey Nicholaw, who has previously directed and choreographed “The Book of Mormon” and “Aladdin,” will also be directing and choreographing “Mean Girls.”

All the cast from the original Washington, D.C. production will be returning for the Broadway debut. Fan favorite characters will be back for the musical such as Regina George (Taylor Louderman), Karen Smith (Kate Rockwell), Gretchen Weiners (Ashley Park) and our main heroine Cady Heron (Erika Henningsen).

Fey, the writer of the 2004 “Mean Girls” movie, announced on Jan. 26 in a 20 second promotional video that tickets for opening night were available for purchase on the show’s official website. Ticket prices are ranging from $80 to premium seating, priced at $300.

The official Broadway website features both a promotional video and a gallery of six photos. The photos depict iconic scenes from the movie, such as the infamous burn book and the math classroom where Heron falls madly in love with Aaron Samuels.

With this upcoming musical being based on the notable movie starring Lindsay Lohan, fans might be wondering what she has been up to.

W Magazine posted a video of Lohan re-enacting her favorite and most memorable quotes from “Mean Girls” on Feb. 5. Lohan could hardly keep from laughing as she recited lines from the list.

“Gretchen, stop trying to make fetch happen! It’s not going to happen!” Lohan quoted.

W Magazine also featured Lohan as an introduction to the improved young actress. The feature covers an array of topics, such as Lohan’s hair color ranging from blonde to red and how it played a part in her transition into a better version of herself.

“With blonde hair, you really have to maintain it and everything I wear is different. You feel like you have to be blonde.” Lohan told W Magazine. “And I don’t want to have to feel like that in life.”

Lohan also revealed to the publication that she is involved in a number of business deals. Her personal makeup brand is planned for release in the coming months along with a Dubai-inspired clothing line. With these two brands, Lohan hopes to also produce her own candles in collaboration with a charity of her choosing.

Despite this change in lifestyle, Lohan has still managed stay true to her roots of acting by appearing in the upcoming British sitcom “Sick Note” with Rupert Grint and also in the Saudi Arabia all-female movie “Fame.”

She also stated that she would like to attend the Oscars.

“But I don’t want to go just to go,” Lohan told W Magazine. “I want to go because I have accomplished something great, and I just want to be there for the film.”

Lohan shared her dream of having a “Mean Girls” reunion during a recent interview with television host Wendy Williams. Lohan also made this dream apparent with a now-deleted Instagram post on Oct. 2016. The post was a group photo of Lohan and co-stars Rachel McAdams and Lacey Chabert.

“Miss you all… sequel?” Read the caption.

The chances of an originally-casted “Mean Girls” sequel becoming a reality are very slim despite Lohan’s plea of wanting to put it in production. Fans of “Mean Girls” and Lohan should forgive Fey for not writing a sequel, as she’s playing an enormous part in the development of this hopefully ‘grool’ musical.

With “Mean Girls” making its return, someone should tell Gretchen Weiners that “fetch” may finally be happening.