Men’s soccer falls to Columbia

As the Quinnipiac men’s soccer season begins to wind down, the Bobcats will look back at games like the one against Columbia last Wednesday night, and realize their record doesn’t signify how they played. After battling the Lions to a scoreless first half, the ‘Cats eventually fell to Columbia, 2-1.

The first score of the contest was netted only 32 seconds into the second half by the Lions’ Tom Smith. A little over three minutes later, the Lions would add onto their lead when Tom Davison found the back of the net.

However, the Bobcats bounced back quickly, as they cut the lead in half just two minutes after the Lions second goal. Sophomore Graciano Brito scored the Bobcats’ lone goal off an assist from senior Francis Mavula.

After the quick barrage of goals to start the second half, neither team would tally anymore goals. The loss dropped the Bobcats to 1-10-4 overall and 1-3-3 in Northeast Conference play. Columbia improved its record to 6-5-1, 0-2-2 in Ivy League play.

Quinnipiac goalkeeper Alexander Rousselle came up with three saves, while Columbia keeper Michael Testa collected four saves.

Quinnipiac, which lost 4-1 to Central Connecticut on Sunday, has two more games left in the regular season. Both matchups are on the road against NEC foes in Robert Morris and St. Francis (Pa.).