The Jonas Brothers: where are they now?

[media-credit name=”Flickr Creative Commons” align=”alignleft” width=”343″]jonasbrothersfcc[/media-credit]

When most people think of siblings, they usually think of their own brothers or sisters. However, for many people in our generation, the Jonas Brothers will also immediately come to mind. Whether you fell in love with the teen boy band or the current solo acts, the JoBros have captured the hearts of millions of fans around the world.

As a group, the band of brothers made their debut in 2005 with the release of their first solo “Mandy.” From there it was a rapid ride to teen stardom.

The Jonas Brothers have released four studio albums as a group, as well as soundtrack albums and live albums. Of the group’s studio and soundtrack albums, four have been classified as Platinum and one has been awarded Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America.

As a band, these musicians were on fire, as suggested in their single “Burnin’ Up,” which reached No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. As their popularity increased, their fan base did as well.

For many students, Disney Channel movies were a prime part of their childhoods, and movies like “Camp Rock,” which featured the siblings, are a perfect example of how the Jonas Brothers only got bigger. From singing to acting, the boys became a household name.

Freshman College of Arts and Sciences major Danielle Borelli was part of this growing fan base.

“I was a fan of the Jonas Brothers when I was younger,” Borelli said. “I watched “Camp Rock” but I didn’t really go to their concerts.”

“Camp Rock” wasn’t the only acting experience the JoBros had. The brothers had not one, but two Disney Channel shows dedicated solely to them. The first was a Disney Channel Original Short Series titled “Jonas Brothers: Living the Dream,” which aired in the summer of 2008. This series aired from 2008 to 2010 and was quickly followed by the scripted show, “Jonas.” “Jonas” first aired in May of 2009 and remained on the air until October of 2010. Many young fans including Borelli watched these shows to get their JoBro fix.

After a long hiatus, a brief reunion in 2012, and yet another hiatus, the Jonas Brothers have made their return, but not as a group.

Nick Jonas has been a huge success as a solo act beginning with the release of his single “Chains” in July of 2014. Freshman health science major Lauren Mandikas said she liked the Jonas Brothers when she was younger, but hasn’t listened to much of their new music. However, she has always had a favorite Jonas Brother.

“Nick [was my favorite] because he was the youngest and I think he was the best singer,” Mandikas said. “I loved the Jonas Brothers, I liked them when I was younger.”

Borelli, on the other hand, said she likes each brother individually, yet one will always hold her heart.

“My favorite is Nick because he’s very attractive and I like his music,” Borelli said.

Joe, the middle Jonas, has also come back into the music industry in yet another group. The new pop group DNCE released their platinum single, “Cake by the Ocean” in September 2015 and has since booked several performances on television specials and at music festivals.

Kevin, the eldest Jonas, has remained much more lowkey than his brothers. After a brief reality series on E! From August 2012 through May 2013 documenting his marriage to Danielle Deleasa and the brothers’ almost-reunion.

Whether you had the Jonas fever when you were a tween or you’re more of a current Jonas fan, these brothers aren’t going anywhere any time soon.