Wreck: MyHousing and WebAdvisor crash

Quinnipiac University Residential Life had one job on Monday, April 6: to get the rising juniors who paid their deposit into housing on York Hill. Of course that did not happen because MyHousing crashed.

In addition, many students could not register for classes that same Monday because WebAdvisor crashed as well. Any Bobcat that has experienced the stress of registration could only imagine the anxiety of watching classes close. Many people had to cross their fingers in the hopes that they wouldn’t end up in the basement of Crescent because we would all love some cell phone service.

Some of us Bobcats were blessed with amazing housing lottery numbers and some of us were doomed with the numbers we wish we had in our bank accounts.

When I walked into my anatomy lecture, a lot of kids were freaking out and I was a curious as to why. Sophomore Kristina Anello was one of those students.

“I had lottery number 80,” Anello said. “When I went to select my room, my screen went white and it said I was no longer eligible to select housing.”

She described Residential Life office as “a flood” of people all having the same problem. Anello found out that after her lottery number, the system crashed.
My recent updates on Snapchat was also flooded. I got tons of pictures and videos of my friends confused and angry at the Res Life office.

Hopefully next year the systems for housing and registration won’t crash for once.