Player Profile: Gabby Pasternak

Sport: Tennis
Class: Junior
Hometown: Glen Rock, N.J.

Pasternak, the reigning 2005 Northeast Conference Player of the Year, has essentially picked up where she left off last spring. She was named Northeast Conference Player of the Week at the end of last month, picking up key victories at the annual QU invitational.

This was after she advanced all the way to the semifinals in both Flight A singles and Flight A doubles action. Once again, she has been able to measure up to some of the top players in the Northeast region.

Since the team hasn’t played too much this fall (especially with the inclement weather that dominated this past week), Pasternak feels the team is getting good preparation for the spring. She hopes for the team to repeat as NEC champions and toil through another trip to the NCAA Regionals.

“So far so good,” said Pasternak of the Bobcats’ fall season. “We’ve done well as a team. Our main goal is to win NECs. We have a young team, so we want them to experience what we got to experience the last two years.”

For the ‘Cats, the next stop is West Point, N.Y., as they return to the prestigious ITA Regionals. This match includes nationally recognized teams like Harvard and the University of Virginia.

“The teams there are ridiculous,” Pasternak said. “We’ve never really played teams like that, but we’re ready. We should do well in the spring. We’re really tough, tougher than ever, so we’ll see.”