Wreck: love/hate relationship with ‘Anaconda’

This song is truly a diamond in the rough. Just to clarify–I mean this in the most sarcastic way possible.

This song has been stuck in my head ever since it was released Aug. 4 and it has been quite the roller coaster ride trying to get literally anything else stuck in my head.

I honestly didn’t even know 95 percent of the lyrics until just now after looking them up. But her lyrics are meaningful and she brings up some pretty solid points.

I mean, like, in the words of Nicki Minaj, “he don’t like ‘em boney, he want something he can grab / So I pulled up in the Jag, and I hit ‘em with the jab like / Dun-d-d-dun-dun-d-d-dun-dun.”

I’m joking, of course. There’s nothing meaningful about these lyrics and I don’t think I’ve ever hated, yet loved a song so much in my life.

The song itself is bad enough. The lyric “Dun-d-d-dun-dun-d-d-dun-dun”  is enough evidence to back that up. But the music video is equally terrible. Having her huge butt plastered everywhere for everyone to see is not exactly what I look for in a music video. But I’ll give her credit for making one that at least reflects her trainwreck lyrics.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m in full support of Minaj promoting women with curves, but I think that support could have been mastered in a classier way. After all, this butt-obsessed culture is getting a little too out of control.