Women’s ice hockey preps for regular season stretch

Coming off a week-long break following two non-conference games against the Robert Morris Colonials, the Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey team is getting ready to enter the back nine of its ECAC Hockey schedule.

The Bobcats currently sit fourth in the ECAC Hockey standings with a 7-3-4 conference record and 18 points. They are seven points behind first-place Harvard.

Quinnipiac had a tough weekend last week against the Colonials. In a two-game home series, the Bobcats tied the first game with a score of 1-1 and lost the second 5-1.

Currently, the team sits at No. 10 in the PairWise Rankings. The Bobcats are also 12th in the nation in total offense, scoring an average 2.69 goals per game and fifth in total defense, letting up only 1.35 goals per game.

Kelly Babstock has been one of the nation’s top offensive threats this year. The senior forward has tallied up 37 points so far this season, good for fifth in the country. Babstock has continued to cement her Quinnipiac legacy, gathering her 100th career assist this season, also sitting at 91 career goals.

Goaltender Chelsea Laden has been successful between the pipes this season for the Bobcats, recording a 1.29 goals against average, fifth in the nation. Laden has also registered a .936 save percentage.

Freshman such as Meghan Turner and Emma Woods have entered the program with great success. The two forwards have seven and 18 points, respectively, on the season.

The Bobcats have two conference home games this weekend. Friday night Quinnipiac faces off against Dartmouth and on Saturday Harvard comes to town for an important ECAC matchup.

Dartmouth currently sits at eighth in the conference with a 6-8-1 record. Sophomore forward Lindsey Allen leads the Big Green in scoring with 18 points on the season.

The Crimson is 12-2-1 in the ECAC with one of those victories coming against Quinnipiac earlier this season with a 4-2 victory in Cambridge. Sophomore forward Miye D’Oench leads the high-scoring Crimson team with 19 points on the year.