Women’s softball

After a season which saw the Quinnipiac softball team finish 16-4 in NEC play and then fall in the Tournament Championship game to the Long Island Blackbirds, the Bobcats are back and loaded up for another run at the conference crown. QU, who was recently picked to finish No. 2 in the NEC, behind LIU who captured 10 of the 11 first place votes, returns three All-NEC selections from a year ago, shortstop Sarah Collins, outfielder Alyssa Mansolf and pitcher/outfielder Kim Norman.

The Bobcats finished the season 26-28 despite their impressive conference record which translates into a 10-24 mark against non-NEC foes.

As a team, the ‘Cats hit .240, but that was with last year’s roster. The returning players combined for a .251 mark. Head Coach Germain Fairchild has brought in six new freshmen faces for the up-coming season; Colleen Conlin (Phoenix, Ariz.), Danielle Sargent (Sabuttus, ME.), Carolyn Schmolz (Ghent, N.Y.), Kristin Sheriff (San Diego, Calif.), Brianna Sloane (Phoenix, Ariz.) and Jill Viglione (Blue Bell, Pa.).

Fairchild is entering her fourth campaign at the helm of the Quinnipiac ship, tallying a 73-69 mark over her first three seasons on the QU bench. She has taken the team to the last two NEC title games.