Seniors’ last hurrah

The Senior Week planning committee has big plans for the class of 2004. Scheduled for May 13-16, 2004, the week is a chance for the senior class to enjoy themselves at Quinnipiac University before graduation.

Final plans for senior week are not set in stone; however it will surely revive past memories and create new ones amongst the graduates.

According to co-coordinator senior Mike Labella, Senior Week will definitely be “something to remember the last days at Quinnipiac.”

Senior week is an on campus event that will feature entertaining activities for the graduating seniors. Participants will stay in Dana Hall as well as Larson, Perlroth, and Troup suites for the duration of the week.

A reception with President John L. Lahey, a semi-formal banquet held off campus and an overnight trip to New Hampshire will be some of the events that take place. Students must be 21 years of age to be able to participate in all the festivities.

“I think it’s a good final hurrah for seniors to get together one last time before we go our separate ways,” said junior public relations major Christine Rock. Rock will be graduating early and is excited to stay on-campus and hang out with her fellow classmates.

The senior week committee is comprised of 12 members, two of whom are the senior co-coordinators, Labella and Kristin Reilly. Members of the committee have previous experience with senior week.

“We have a great committee and a lot of momentum ready,” Reilly said. “It should be a lot of fun to see how it all unravels.”

Lindsay D’Ambra, Ricky Baltimore, Justin Barksdale, Chris Galatioto, Valentina Iacono and Labella were all involved as junior assistants last year. Representatives are chosen to be involved in Senior Week through an application process consisting of interviews and references.

Senior week planning committee advisor Daniel Brown, who is also the Assistant Director of the Student Center and Leadership Development, is pleased with the ideas suggested for the event.

The planning committee promises a fun-filled weekend since it will be the last time for the senior class to be together before graduation.

“It’s not just about going out, it’s a ‘chill’ environment,” said senior Nicole Murphy, and a member of the planning committee.

“EARLY BIRD” special ticket sales for senior week start Dec. 2, 2003. For a limited time only, seniors can buy their tickets with a $25 discount. Tickets will be sold in the Student Center.

“The excitement of the committee is just an indication of how big it’s going to be,” said Reilly.