Wreck: Cardio machine probs

Anyone who’s been to the gym on Mount Carmel lately must know how frustrating it’s become. As a college student, it’s hard enough to find the time and motivation to work out, and now we are being inconvenienced by new rules. Instead of the gym-relieving stress, it’s having the opposite effect.

The biggest issue is the new half-hour sign-up limit on cardio machines between 12 p.m. and 9 p.m. Think about it: your favorite workout song just came on, you’re at the peak of your workout but it’s been a half hour. Now it’s time to get off, make the trek around the track and back down the stairs to sign up for more time. And that’s if you’re motivated. A lot of people would just call it a day. Who wants to start their workout back up after all that?

The number one common discrepancy is when it comes to signing up for cardio machines. You see a girl walking toward her assigned machine that’s already occupied, and her facial expression immediately changes. Annoyance. The shy girl will stand timidly, staring at the person occupying her machine until she leaves. Then there’s the aggressive type who will confront the person and confidently state: “Um, you’re on my machine so….” And sometimes, there’s the people who get the fitness center employees to kick the person off.

If someone gets to the gym and wants to sign up for an hour on a cardio machine they should be able to do so. No one has time for all of these #cardiomachineprobs.