Editor’s office

Carnell “Cadillac” Williams continues to make a strong come back from last year’s season ending injury. Two weeks ago he ran for 150 yards against Arkansas. This week Auburn’s star tailback topped that performance against Mississippi State by rushing for 161 yards and six rushing touchdowns. That is two more than his season total going into the game. But Williams was not even the team’s leading rusher. Fellow junior running back Brandon Jacobs had 182 yards rushing. Before the season started Miami and Virginia Tech both decided to leave the Big East Conference and join the ACC for the 2004 season. Boston College, seeing a big opportunity to make a move to a major conference, decided last week to join the ACC by at the least the 2006 season. Syracuse, a Big East rival of BC, did not seem to be impressed with the Eagles change of conference as the Orangemen destroyed BC 39-14 Speaking of the ACC expansion, the league’s officials have already decided on how the teams will be grouped once the former Big East schools arrive. Instead of one division like the conference has now, it will be broken into two. In division A, Boston College, Clemson, Florida State, Maryland, North Carolina State, and Wake Forest will compete. Division B will be composed of Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, North Carolina, Virginia, and Virginia Tech. The divisions have yet to be named, but they ensure heated cross-divisional rivalries When people saw Temple at Miami on the schedule it looked like a laugher, but the Owls were not smiling. Actually, Temple came out and had a 7-0 lead thanks to a Jamil Porter rushing touchdown after the defense recovered a Miami fumble. Then the real Temple team showed up and Miami proceeded to beat them down 52-14. Last season, the Hurricanes lost Heisman hopeful Willis McGahee to the NFL. This season, McGahee’s replacement, Frank Gore, tore his right ACL and it looked as if Miami would have to scramble for a running back. Then the coaching staff looked to the bench and saw the son of Hall of Fame running back Walter Payton. Jarrett Payton had 115 yards rushing and that was not even the team high. Freshman Tyrone Moss had 135 yards on 15 carries. I would say Miami knows how to recruit running backs Since Florida Gator fans called for head coach Ron Zook’s head after the Gators’ 24-10 lose to Tennessee, the team is 3-1, which includes two extremely impressive wins on the road against number six LSU and number 11 Arkansas. I guess Florida fans know how to motivate Zook, threaten to fire him after every loss.