Charron named athlete of the week

Cross country running is one of the most demanding sports that Quinnipiac offers to its athletes. It requires hours of training, and both mental and physical toughness. These obstacles haven’t stopped sophomore Michael Charron.

Charron was named NEC men’s cross country athlete of the week for his performance which landed the Bobcats into first place in their second meet of this early season. He led the Bobcats to its first place finish at the Sunken Meadow meet in Long Island, New York. He finished first with a time of 16:25.

During the first meet of the season at home against Fairfield, Carron finished in third place as the Bobcats took the first five spots.

Last year during his freshman season, Carron was named NEC rookie of the week three times. He finished in first place overall once and place first among freshmen runners twice. He also finished twelfth in the NEC championship, posting a time of 26:59.9. In the New England Championships, Carron finished 71st out of 501 runners. He posted the best time out of any freshman competitor.

Charron will use his past experiences and years of training to help fuel the men’s cross country team to numerous victories over the course of the 2003 campaign.