Cross country teams compete in NCAA regionals

The men’s and women’s cross country teams competed in the NCAA Regionals in Madison, Conn. The men’s team finished 23rd out of 40 teams and the women’s team finished 20th out of 37.

On the men’s side, senior Rich Klauber finished 40th overall and first for the Bobcats as he crossed the finish line at 31:21.4 in the 10K event. Klauber was the second best for NEC runners.

Sophomore Spencer Mannion finished second for the Bobcats with 32:37.5, improving his personal time by three minutes from last year’s event.

Freshman Brendan Copley rounded out the top three runners on the men’s side with a time of 32:51.7 in the outing. Copley finished 132nd among freshman and finished 132 overall.

On the women’s end seniors Becca White, Brianna Faust and Morgan Roche led the team to a 20th place finish out of 37 teams.

“The women gave such a great effort today considering we had some injuries and were coming off an incredible effort at the NEC Championship,” Quinnipiac head coach Carolyn Martin said. “We say goodbye to several of the program’s best runners ever but our returners are all really excited about our potential and we want to keep this string going.”

White finished 32nd overall with a time of 21:49.8. Faust finished her event with a 22:06.6 time, while Roche finished at 22:09.3.

White also shaved about two minutes off of her time compared to her 2011 NCAA Regional race results to end her career.

Faust finished 104th for the Bobcats and will return for the Bobcats next season.