Jeremy Stull: Responses make writing more exciting

During my tenure as The Quinnipiac Chronicle’s Opinion Editor I was given free reign to write about what I wanted, and in any manner that I wanted, so long as it pertained to Quinnipiac. I wrote about campus ministry, Iran, rugby, Nicaragua, parking, SGA and more. Now I have to sit here and write about myself, and I do not know how to do it.

I do not want to take this time to impart wisdom; for I have little that you could not better learn by experiencing it for yourself. I would suggest that you go abroad, that you get involved in something you enjoy, and to not spend time with people that do not appreciate you. You know all that already. This is not an advice column.

I want to take this time to say thank you. Thank you for reading my articles. I want to thank you for responding so positively or negatively to them, which made them all the more exciting to write. Thank you to the professors who took time to email me and say ‘good article.’

A young man in the library, whom I did not know, recognized me from my Chronicle photo and complimented an article of mine weeks after it was printed. I think I smiled all day.

I hope that under the Michele Snow leadership, the Opinion page continues to grow and thrive. It can only do that if the readers respond to what is being published there, so keep up the good work.

I would also like to thank all of the people on the Chronicle, specifically the Editorial Board, which made me feel incredibly welcome and wanted in a world that was incredibly new for me. They provided me with room to grow as a writer and critical thinker, while keeping me grounded and always offering advice and ideas whenever asked. I consider them all close, albeit relatively new, friends. I am proud to wear my Chronicle sweatshirt around campus.

I am not sad about leaving, my time has come and gone and I am going on to other things. I am excited for the new Editorial Board, I am excited to be one of those college graduates who still reads the Chronicle online every Wednesday regardless if Nicole Fano likes me doing that or not, and I am excited for next year’s student body to see what wonderful things are done by this organization.

Once again, thank you.