Reservation for 1

February 14. What should be a nice holiday celebrating St. Valentine is marked with  consumerism and disgustingly cute cards, stuffed animals and heart-shaped boxes containing chocolates. Grody to the max. (Actually, save the chocolates for me. I get hungry late at night. Just ask my roommate.)

If you feel frustrated about spending Valentine’s Day alone, then just use laughter. That’s totally fine. How do you think I made it through this article? Follow me as we navigate through one of the worst holidays of the year.

I’ll give you a love forecast: It’s gloomy with a chance of Domino’s. There’s a 90 percent chance of precipitation. Find a box of tissues to wipe away those tears.

It’s not healthy to sit at home sad and depressed. So get out there. Go out to dinner with friends. But let’s be real. You will really order in, so do yourself a favor, get some fresh air and meet the delivery man. Be careful what you eat, though. While chocolates will be free flowing, remember spring break is in one month. As Shakira said, your hips don’t lie.

If you’re feeling extra spontaneous, make a quick trip to Redbox. There’s sure to be a Kate Hudson rom-com you haven’t already watched to death. Spoiler alert: She does indeed get the guy in [insert movie title here]. If you leave the house, don’t wear the ‘I’m Single’ uniform. Swap the hoodie and sweatpants for a clean pair of jeans.

Stay away from social media for the day. We all know you’re alone based on those super depressing status updates and tweets. You can share those sob stories when your name is Taylor Swift and you’re making millions of dollars. So either pick up a guitar or another pint. In all seriousness, you will probably spend the evening deciding between Ben and Jerry anyway. Pass the Cherry Garcia over to me when you’re finished.

In the end, this is a great day for you if you’re genuinely in love. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Don’t over analyze everything and just enjoy the day for what it is. And remember: Nothing says “I love you” more than freshly washed sheets.

If you’re single and looking, the person you should be with is probably standing in front of you. It’s so obvious, but you’re too oblivious to see it for yourself. Forget misconceptions and what people might think. You deserve to be with someone who can make you forget you ever had a broken heart. The only thing holding you back is you. Put on a smile. You never know who needs to see one from you.

Happy Valentine’s Day.