RAVE of the week: American Horror Story

“Glee” producers Brad Falchuk and Ryan Murphy are known for their feel-good TV show about a group of high school singers. In their new FX series “American Horror Story,” the duo proves they can also make a creepy and disturbing television drama.

“American Horror Story,” which premiered Oct. 5, features a family of three that move to a Victorian house in Los Angeles. Unbeknown to them, the house is haunted and full of undiscovered secrets.

Ben Harmon (Dylan McDermott) moves his therapy practice to L.A. after his wife Vivien (Connie Britton) discovers that his affair with a student at his former job

The series is both intriguing and offbeat, with a plot unlike that of a typical “scary” movie.

Falchuk and Murphy also have a knack for creating interesting and multidimensional characters. Those featured in “American Horror Story” are no different.

Constance (Jessica Lange), the Harmon’s emotionally unstable next-door neighbor, easily gets under viewers’ skin. She is the epitome of a character that viewers will love to hate.

Also, McDermott’s toned bod makes him the perfect choice for the “hot dad” role.

For those who have yet to embrace the Halloween season, tune in for a scare Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on FX.