Down to the wire for men’s soccer

The men’s soccer team defeated the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils on Sunday, Oct. 26 by a score of 3-1. Graciano Brito’s two goals led the team. The victory bumped their record to 8-4-2 overall and 3-2 in NEC play. The game had very important playoff implications, as the Bobcats are on the edge of playoff contention.

Durval Pereira opened the scoring in the game in the eighth minute of action with his fifth goal of the season. He caught a rebound from a shot by Brito off Paul Armstrong to give the Bobcats an early 1-0 lead.

Yan Kuklowski of CCSU tied the game at one apiece in the 48th minute on a penalty kick that got past Quinnipiac goalie Freddy Hall.
With the game tied at one apiece, Brito delivered in the 68th minute with his 13th goal of the season to put the Bobcats up 2-1. Durval Pereira recorded the assist as Brito knocked a high pass down and placed the shot past Armstrong.

Brito added his 14th goal of the season in the 80th minute, which secured the win for Quinnipiac.

With the win, the Bobcats currently stand at fifth place in the standings, and are a point behind Monmouth for the final spot of the NEC tournament. The Bobcats host the Monmouth Hawks this Friday at 3 p.m. in what looks to be the deciding game for the fourth and final playoff spot.