RAVE and WRECK of the week: Oct. 12, 2011

RAVE of the week: Taio Cruz’s ‘Hangover’

Since his appearance on the music scene in 2008, British singer Taio Cruz keeps on producing one radio hit after another.

Cruz recently released “Hangover,” the first single off his upcoming album, “TY.O.”

Finally, radio stations have a new party anthem to play, so that LMFAO’s overplayed and overrated “Party Rock Anthem” can finally be replaced.

On the track Cruz partners with producer Dr. Luke and club-hit master, FloRida. Not only is the song replay-worthy, but it will undoubtedly remain stuck in listener’s heads for hours. In this case, it’s a good thing.

While the song’s lyrics aren’t overly clever, the beat is even strong enough to get “Golden Girl” Betty White pumped up for the club.

“I got a hangover / Woahhh / I been drinking too much for sure / I got a hangover / Woahhh / I got an empty cup / Pour me some more,” Cruz sings smoothly on the track.

With past hits like “Higher,” “Break Your Heart” and “Dynamite,” it’s not surprising this pop singer/songwriter has delivered yet another dance-worthy song.

If the repertoire on “TY.O” is as catchy and upbeat as “Hangover,” then Cruz fans await a musical treat when the full album drops in early December.

WRECK of the week: From ‘LA Ink’ to a music link

Kat Von D is undoubtedly talented when it comes to the tattoo parlor, but there is no guaranteeing her artistic ability will carry over to the recording studio.

Sept. 16 marked “LA Ink’s” series finale on TLC, and the famed tattoo artist recently announced her upcoming attempt to stay relevant in the spotlight.

Von D told E! News she is currently recording her first music album. Really?

An attempted music career seems to be the go-to choice for former reality TV stars. But perhaps Von D should learn from her reality TV classmates before proceeding.

“Jersey Shore’s” Angelina Pivarnick and “The Hills’s” Heidi Montag both crashed and burned during their stints on the music scene.

“I think it’s much like tattooing or the TV show or makeup, my clothing line, fashion,” Von D said in an interview with E! News. “All those things, they’re just different outlets to be able to be creative. So music, I think it’s going to be one of those things.”

The fact that Von D believes making a successful album is like choosing eye shadow colors for a makeup line is silly and naive.

Maybe she’ll wake up when music critics have a field day with this upcoming “album.”