Seven men’s basketball recruits commit to Quinnipiac

With three seniors that have graduated, and two players transferring, the Quinnipiac men’s basketball team will have a new, fresh look team next season with seven committed recruits that will try to help the team reach its goal of winning an NEC championship.

Two of the recruits, Zaid Hearst and Ousmane Drame have signed a National Letter of Intent to play for the Bobcats.

Hearst is a 6-foot-4 guard that’s described to be a dependable scorer and good passer. Drame is a 6-foot-7 lefty post player with good hands and feet.

In addition to Hearst and Drame, the Bobcats have received five other verbal comittments. Two other power forwards, Marquis Barnett and Justin Harris have both said they will attend Quinnipiac.

Barnett is a 6-foot-7, 240 pound forward that is an efficient rebounder with physical defensive play. Harris averaged 18 points and 12 rebounds during his senior season at Paramus Catholic (NJ).

Shooting guards Nate Gause and Evan Conti have committed to Quinnipiac, as well as Frederick Community College graduate Alex Jackson.

Gause averaged 23 points and nine rebounds during his senior season at Poughkeepsie High School ad Conti is described as a player with good intangibles that can shoot the three.

Jackson is returning from an injury that kept him out of his sophomore season at Frederick Community College. However, during Jackson’s freshman season he averaged 20 points and nine rebounds, earning him first-team All-Maryland JUCO, and first-team All Region XX.