Men’s hockey ties No. 19 Princeton

The Quinnipiac men’s hockey team extended its unbeaten streak against nationally ranked teams on Monday with a 1-1 tie against No. 19 Princeton at Hobey Baker Rink in Princeton, N.J.

The tie comes against the first-place team in the ECAC and followed the Bobcats’ victories over No. 8 Nebraska-Omaha in their previous two games.

Quinnipiac (10-9-2, 4-5-2 ECAC) goaltender Eric Hartzell stopped 34 of 35 shots against a potent Princeton offense, which entered the game with eight consecutive multi-goal games and averaged four goals per game.

The Bobcats struck first as Jeremy Langlois recorded his team-leading eighth goal of the season 7:09 into the second period. Langlois fired a pass from John Dunbar past Princeton netminder Mike Condon to give the Bobcats the early lead.

Princeton (10-5-1, 6-5-1 ECAC) responded toward the end of the second frame when Derrick Pallis scored his fourth goal of the season at the 15:40 mark.

The Tigers had a golden opportunity to take the lead in the final minute of the second period when Andrew Aammon found himself on a breakaway. But Hartzell made perhaps the biggest save of the game, stopping Aammon’s shot which kept the game tied heading into the third period.

Neither team could score in the third and overtime periods, ending the game in a 1-1 tie.

The Bobcats continue their ECAC schedule this weekend when they host Colgate on Friday and Cornell on Saturday at The Bank at 7 p.m.