Where are they now?

Melissa Samoskevich – Women’s Ice Hockey

In four seasons at Quinnipiac, forward Melissa Samoskevich dominated competition en route to being drafted No. 2 overall by the Connecticut Whale in the 2018 NWHL draft. In her latter two years as a Bobcat, she led the team in goals scored. In April 2019, Samoskevich scored twice for the United States as the team went undefeated en route to winning the 2019 IIHF World Championship in Finland. Samoskevich begins her NWHL career with the Connecticut Whale on Oct. 5 against the Buffalo Beauts.

Chase Priskie – Men’s Ice Hockey

The 2018-19 men’s ice hockey team is cemented in the history books. Defenseman and captain Chase Priskie led the team to a 26-10-2 record and its sixth NCAA Tournament berth. In addition, the captain was named a top-10 finalist for the Hobey Baker Award – which is awarded to the top NCAA men’s ice hockey player. Priskie was drafted in the sixth round by the Washington Capitals in the 2016 NHL Draft. This past summer he opted to become a free agent and signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the Carolina Hurricanes.

Tyler Poulin – Baseball

After a magical season where the Quinnipiac baseball team made the NCAA Tournament after a 14-year absence, top starting pitcher Tyler Poulin was selected in the 29th round pick by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the 2019 MLB Draft. He is the 24th Bobcat to be drafted to the MLB in Quinnipiac history and the fourth in the last 10 seasons. Poulin is currently playing for Missoula Osprey, a minor-league affiliate of the Diamondbacks. He finished the 2019 season with a 7-2 record in 15 starts, a 3.83 ERA, 87 innings pitched and 82 strikeouts.

Rashawn Dally – Men’s Soccer

Despite the Quinnipiac men’s soccer team losing in the MAAC Championship, the program had something to celebrate. Standout forward Rashawn Dally became the first ever Bobcat to be drafted in the MLS SuperDraft. FC Cincinnati drafted him in the third round with the 49th overall pick. At Quinnipiac, he was named to the All-MAAC Second Team in his sophomore and junior years and the All-MAAC First Team in his senior year. In his first season in the MLS, he’s scored one goal in eight games.