Current Craze (Dec. 6)

A Royal Engagement

Prince Harry announced his engagement to American actress Meghan Markle on Nov. 27. It’s becoming a trend in the royal family to marry who they want, and not who they should. Prince William was the first to break this trend by marring commoner Kate Middleton. Aside from not being British, Markle is biracial and was previously married before. The newly-engaged couple is ecstatic of their status and plans to wed in spring 2018.

Matt Lauer fired from the Today show

Matt Lauer, a host from “Today” was fired on Nov. 29 for sexual misconduct. A fellow colleague at NBC came forward with a complaint against Lauer about inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace, which showed a clear violation of the company’s standards. It was also stated that this was believed to not be the first sexual misconduct dealing with Lauer. Since then, Lauer has apologized for his actions and stated that he is getting help through therapy.

Billboard Women in Music 2017 Awards

On Nov. 30, Billboard celebrated a night dedicated to women in music. Singer Ciara, hosted the event with special guests in attendance such as ZZ Ward, Kelly Rowland and Camila Cabello. Also, Kelly Clarkson and Grace VanderWaal performed during the ceremony. Some awards went to Mary J. Blige for the Icon Award and Solange Knowles who won the Impact Award. The big award of the night, Women of the Year, went to Selena Gomez for being so public about her almost fatal kidney transplant due to her Lupus.