2015 Music Festival Lineup

With the weather warming up and the spring semester coming to an end, students are busy making summer plans. Music festivals all across the United States offer two to four days of exciting performances, delicious food, unique venues and fun activities. Here are some of the most popular festivals in the country.

Beale Street Music Festival May 1-3

• Where: Memphis, Tennessee

• How much: $104 3-Day Pass General Admission

• Lineup: Ed Sheeran/Hozier/Cage the Elephant/Band of Horses/AWOLNATION

• Why you should go: Beale Street is perfect for people with a scattered taste in music. It has one of the most eclectic lineups of the year.

Hangout Fest May 15-17

• Where: Gulf Shores, Alabama

• How much: $249 3-Day General Admission

• Lineup: Sam Smith/Zac Brown Band/Skrillex/Foster the People/Tove Lo//Vance Joy

• Why you should go: With a name like Hangout Fest, you should expect a relaxed vibe considering it takes place on the beach. The lineup is very diverse. It attracts a lot of different people from a variety of places.

Electric Daisy Festival May 23-24

[media-credit name=”Randy Cremean/ Flickr Creative Commons” align=”alignnone” width=”362″]Krewella_Randy Cremean[/media-credit]

• Where: East Rutherford, New Jersey

• How much: $250 2-Day Tier 2 General Admission

• Lineup: Afrojack/Bassnectar/Krewella/Calvin Harris/Flux Pavilion/Hardwell/Tiesto

• Why you should go: MetLife Stadium is transformed from football to carnival to freakshow. EDC brings festival goers to a land of electric music and theatrical performers. Acts perform between sunset and sunrise.

Frendly Gathering June 26-27

• Where: Timber Ridge, Vermont

• How much: $139 3-Day Pass General Admission

• Lineup: Twiddle/Valerie June/Sleepy Man/Spirit Family Reunion

• Why you should go: Frendly Gathering can be considered a folk-lover’s nirvana. The festival takes place at an old ski resort in Southern Vermont. Expect an intimate experience and short lines.

Governors Ball June 5-7

[media-credit name=”Neon Tommy/ Flickr Creative Commons” align=”alignnone” width=”500″]lana_neon tommy[/media-credit]

• Where: New York, New York

• How much: $260 3-Day General Admission

• Lineup: Drake/Deadmau5/Lana Del Rey/The Black Keys/Charlie XCX/Flume/Clean Bandit

• Why you should go: In 2013, the festival was the epitome of  the phrase “the show must go on,” because it was held during a tropical storm and flash flood warning. The festival is a star-studded event. There are a ton of diverse food vendors as well.

Bonnaroo June 11-14

[media-credit name=”Allen Lee/ Flickr Creative Commons” align=”alignnone” width=”500″]Gamino_Allen Lee[/media-credit]

• Where: Manchester, Tennessee

• How much: $325 4-Day Level 2 General Admission

• Lineup: Mumford & Sons/Billy Joel/Kendrick Lamar/Childish Gambino/Alabama Shakes

• Why you should go: It’s one of the most popular music festivals in the United States with 85,000 campers. You will never find yourself sitting in your tent trying to figure out what to do because there are so many activities and performances happening all hours of the day. Prepare for late-night, intense jam sessions with some of the performers.

Vans Warped Tour June 19-August 8

[media-credit name=”Carolina Londoño/ Flickr Creative Commons” align=”alignnone” width=”500″]Pierce_Carolina Londoño[/media-credit]

• Where: Throughout North America, closest to QU is Hartford, Connecticut

• How much:  $39.50 1-Day General Admission

• Lineup: Pierce the Veil/Family Force Five/The Wonder Years/Bebe Rexha/Riff Raff

• Why you should go: Performances by pop, metalcore, punk and electronic artists and everything in between. Warped makes 40 stops in small cities all across North America.

Firefly Music Festival June 18-21

• Where: Dover, Delaware

• How much: $299 4-Day General Admission

• Lineup: Paul McCartney/Kings of Leon/Snoop Dogg/Zedd/Bastille/Steve Aoki/The Kooks

• Why you should go: The site is nestled in the woods of Delaware and every turn welcomes a new experience. In between shows you can relax at Hammock Hangout, an area exclusively created for hammocks hanging among the trees.

Gathering of the Vibes July 30-August 2

[media-credit name=”Brennan Schnell/ Flickr Creative Commons” align=”alignnone” width=”307″]Weezer_Brennan Schnell[/media-credit]

• Where: Bridgeport, Connecticut

• How much: $225 4-Day Camping Pass

• Lineup: Wilco/The String Cheese Incident/Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals/Weezer/Greg Allman

• Why you should go: The Vibes has craft vendors who offer only original products that are unlike any other vendor. There is a Silent Disco on the beach, everyone listens to music in headphones and dances to tune in their own heads. Every year there is a non-perishable food, personal hygiene and clothing drive held on site.

Lollapalooza July 31-August 2

• Where: Chicago, Illinois

• How much: $2000 3-Day VIP (General Admission is sold out)

• Lineup: Paul McCartney/Metallica/Florence + the Machine/Bassnectar/Sam Smith/The Weeknd

• Why you should go: In between performances eat some of the best food and view some of the best art Chicago has to offer. The festival has always been the place where 100,000 music fans can learn more about how to help the world. Lolla Cares brings some of the largest organizations and puts them in front of 100,000 concert goers to bring awareness to their cause.