Men’s ice hockey sweeps Princeton series

A day after defeating Princeton 3-1 at home, the No. 11 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey team defeated Princeton in N.J., 3-0, behind a shutout from Eric Hartzell.

Hartzell became the first goalie to shutout Princeton (3-6-3, 2-3-3 ECAC) this season and also picked up his ninth career shutout as well as his 40th career win. He stopped  all 18 shots by the Tigers.

With the win, the team has their best conference start in school history with an 8-0 record in the ECAC and also extends their unbeaten streak to 10 (9-0-1).

Senior Clay Harvey got the Bobcats on the board first in the second period as Jeremy Langlois won a faceoff draw in the offensive end. Russell Goodman picked up the pass from the draw and fired a shot at Tiger goalie Mike Condon. Condon couldn’t control the rebound and Harvey blasted it into the back of the net.

Later in the period, Mike Dalhuisen picked up a pass on a faceoff win from Connor Jones. Dalhuisen then wristed it past Condon for a 2-0 lead. In the third period, Dalhuisen picked off a pass and found himself all alone on a breakaway. He was able to beat replacement goalie Sean Bonar and seal the 3-0 victory.

The Bobcats outshot Princeton, 35-18, but continued their season struggle on the power-play going 0-for-5 on the night. Princeton wasn’t any better, going 0-for-4.

The red hot Bobcats will now take a three week break before returning to action on Dec. 29 against Nebraska-Omaha at 12 p.m.