Culture Shock

“Amazing Race” arrest
Vanessa Macias, a former contestant on the gameshow, “Amazing Race,” was arrested Oct. 26 for driving while intoxicated in Texas. According to a police report obtained by “E! News,” she was released from jail with a misdemeanor DWI and $1,000 bail.

Nick Jonas admits “Wedding Bells” is about Miley Cyrus
Earlier this month, Miley Cyrus said publicly that the Jonas Brother song, “Wedding Bells,” was clearly about her relationship with Nick Jonas. On Oct. 29, Jonas confirmed the statement, telling Ryan Seacrest his lyrics come from life experiences.

“Vampire Diaries” star engaged
Kat Graham, who plays Bonnie Bennett in the CW’s “Vampire Diaries,” is engaged. Her actor fiance, Cottrell Guidry, posted the information on his Facebook page Oct. 29., and later deleted it according to “E! News.” The couple was spotted celebrating as Aladdin and Jasmine over the Halloween weekend.

R. Patz the new face of Dior
Robert Pattinson signed a contract with Christian Dior’s line of men’s fragrances, a reported $12 million-dollar deal over three years. He’s joining the likes of Jude Law and Charlize Theron who have also represented a Dior fragrance.

Drake gives graduation speech
Aubrey Graham, famously known as Drake, traveled home to Toronto, Ontario to give a speech at Jarvis Collegiate Institute on Oct. 26. where he, too, was earning a diploma. Drake dropped out of high school to pursue an acting career in “Degrassi: The Next Generation” as Jimmy.

George Clooney casts everyone and their brother in WWII movie
Clooney’s latest directing project, “The Monuments Men,” includes a cast stocked full of stars: Cate Blanchett, Bill Murray, John Goodman and Jean Dujardin to name a few. The movie focuses on a group of art curators trying to rescue famous pieces from the Nazis before they’re destroyed.