7 things you may have missed from Parents Weekend

Last weekend, Quinnipiac hosted their annual Parents and Family Weekend from Oct. 22-24. The university and its respective schools offered parents a detailed overview of the standard of education students receive on a day-to-day basis. Here are seven events families attended during the course of the weekend.

Midnight Madness: On Friday from 7 to 9 p.m., students and parents had the opportunity to attend QU Athletics’ Midnight Madness – a celebration of the kickoff of the men’s and women’s basketball season. Quinnipiac spirit teams including Dance Co., Kickline, Dance Fusion and Step to Perfection provided stellar entertainment.

Coffee and Conversation with the Deans: On Saturday, students and parents were invited to attend a continental breakfast with the deans of each of Quinnipiac’s schools. The deans of the Lender School of Business, the School of Communications, the School of Health Sciences and the College of Arts and Sciences all highlighted their programs’ strengths, accreditations and accomplishments.

Biking – the Green Way: On Saturday, Quinnipiac’s Sustainability Group offered a five-mile bike ride along the Farmington Canal Heritage Greenway trail. While discussing how to be sustainable, the group toured the Lock 12 Museum before returning to the Mount Carmel campus.

A Career Road Map to Success for your Student: From 10:15 to 11:15 a.m. on Saturday, students and parents had the opportunity to attend a seminar put on by Career Services. Each of the schools provided resources that showed parents and students how to prepare for modern careers. They got a look at QU’s comprehensive Career Services online database.

Parent Picnic Q&As: On the Mount Carmel and North Haven campuses Saturday afternoon after a complimentary picnic, parents met with their students’ professors to discuss topics of interest for 20 minutes followed by a 20-minute question and answer segment. Topics included the Learning Center and Study Abroad programs.

Comedy: After a long day of campus activities, families came back on campus for a night of laughs with comedian Eric O’Shea. His theme of the evening centered on childhood memories and everyday moments that drive you crazy.

Farewell Breakfast: From 9 a.m. to noon on Sunday, there was a continental breakfast at the Rocky Top Student Center. Families got a chance to tour the brand new facilities at York Hill. There were guided tours around the cafeteria, fitness center and study lounges before the weekend came to a close.