Funk Flex continues hip-hop reign with a new album

Funkmaster Flex’s new album, released this past December on Loud Records, hit the charts with a beat-filled jive that no one could mimic.
    Bronx-born DJ Funkmaster Flex is well known in the hip-hop community thanks to his #1 radio show on New York’s Hot 97 and his regular gig as a DJ at Manhattan’s Tunnel Club.
    His latest album, entitled “60 Minutes of Funk, Volume IV, the Mixtape,” features many of the hottest hip-hop artists, including Nelly, Ludacris, Capone-n-Noreaga, Jagged Edge, Missy Elliot, 3 6 Mafia and Little Bow Wow.
    Funkmaster Flex is one of the most highly respected DJs on the hip-hop scene, and has spent studio time with artists such as Naughty By Nature, Erykah Badu, Foxy Brown and Quinnipiac concert alum Busta Rhymes. Flex’s first two compilation disks, 1995’s “Mix Tape Vol. I” and 1997’s “Mix Tape Vol. II” both went gold.
    With his latest release, hip-hop Funk Flex hits the party mood once again. DMX kicks things off with the hit radio single “Do You.” However, it’s the following track, “I Don’t Care” (featuring Jadakiss of the Lox), that gets the album really pumping. Contributions by Capone-n-Noreaga and Ja Rule and the Murderers come forth with intensity. Ginuwine and Faith Evans add to the album’s general feel by providing variety.
    “60 Minutes of Funk, Volume IV, the Mixtape” definitely says that Funkmaster Flex is a strong force in the hip-hop scene.