TV shows promise to please this Fall

It’s that time of year again. Your favorite Fall TV shows are back with a vengeance, already stirring up the hottest blogs and magazines out there. And a few new shows will emerge, awaiting their fate to be determined by you.

“Grey’s Anatomy” returns to its Thursday 9 p.m. slot on Sept. 27 on ABC. It left us hanging by a thread, barely, when George (T.R. Knight) failed his intern exam, Izzy (Katherine Heigl) declared her love for George, and Cristina (Sandra Oh) left Burke at the altar. But now we all know that Dr. Burke (Isaiah Washington) won’t be coming back to the show after a highly publicized on-set altercation with Patrick Dempsey. “The energy and the adjustments make a big difference,” said Dempsey to People Magazine. “It’s a lot lighter, people are having more fun.”

According to www.greysanatomyinsider.com, the loveable George O’Malley will be under Meredith’s (Ellen Pompeo) guidance this season after failing his exam. Cristina returns from her honeymoon – she took Meredith – to find that Burke is gone. And lastly, Sara Ramirez, who plays George’s wife, told US Weekly that her character Callie will “finally come to terms with what’s going on in the relationship with George, and that she’s going to do something about it.” Seriously? Seriously.

Back for its sophomore season is fan favorite “Heroes”, a show that revolves around people discovering they have superpowers and dealing with the effect it has on their lives.

We last left off with Peter “the exploding man” Petrelli (Milo Ventimiglia) saving Claire (Hayden Panettiere) from the evil villain of the show, Sylar (Zachary Quinto). Ahem, save the cheerleader, save the world anyone? However, it led Peter to apparently meet his death with his brother Nathan (Adrian Pasdar). With an explosion in the sky, we don’t know if both Peter and Nathan exploded, or if just one of the brothers did. Beloved mind reader Matt (Greg Grunberg) was shot, but it looks as though he’ll pull through, and our favorite teleporting hero, Hiro (Masi Oka), is stuck in 1671 Japan.

The Web site www.tv.com tells us that the first episode of season two, entitled “Four Months Later” will deal with the aftermath of what had happened. New heroes will emerge, including a character named Blackie, an 1,000 year old Irish mobster. US Weekly is also reporting that there will be new characters including former “Veronica Mars” star Kristen Bell.

The second season will premiere Monday, Sept. 24 at 9 p.m. on NBC.

Another favorite amongst most of the female population on campus is “One Tree Hill”, which contrary to some beliefs, won’t be making a return until January of 2008.

However, we do know that the show will fast forward four years in order to try and not succumb to a fate like “Dawson’s Creek;” which miraculously followed the characters as they all went to the same college. Smart move on creator Mark Schwahn’s behalf. The result of the move four years ahead caused the late start to the shows fifth season in order to make time to build new sets. Expect a full seasons worth of episodes (22) and even a cameo by Kevin Federline.

A couple of new shows will premiere this season as well. But, how do you know which will be worth your time? At www.television.aol.com, they’ve provided us with the “Top 5 Best and Worst” shows of the upcoming fall season.

Amongst the “Best” list is the show “Gossip Girl”, based on the books of the same name written by Cecily von Ziegesar. The series, created by Josh Schwartz (“The O.C.”), takes place in New York City and introduces us to the wealthy and privileged teenagers who attend the most elite private schools of the Upper East Side. The gossip girl herself, who remains anonymous, writes about stories that concern popular girl Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively), and her unexplained return to Manhattan.

The series premiere of “Gossip Girl” will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 19 at 9 p.m. on the CW.

On the “Worst” list is the show “Cavemen”, which is based on the Geico insurance commercials. The plot surrounds itself with a trio of cavemen who struggle to live in modern day America and have to deal with race relations. Eh?

The series premiere of “Cavemen” will air on Oct. 2 at 8 p.m. on ABC.

So now it’s up to you to decide which new shows stay, and which shows should go. But watch wisely.