QU announces commencement speakers for graduation

The university announced today the eight speakers for the undergraduate and graduate commencement ceremonies in May.

“This year’s commencement speakers are a distinguished group of professionals whose careers have provided them with an abundance of wisdom and life experience to share with our graduates,” Vice President for Public Affairs Lynn Bushnell said in a statement. “I am confident they will deliver addresses that will resonate with our graduates, their families and friends and the entire Quinnipiac University community.”

Undergraduate commencement will take place on Saturday, May 21 and Sunday, May 22 at the TD Bank Sports Center.

Dr. Sharrona Williams is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and a Quinnipiac alumna.
[/media-credit] Dr. Sharrona Williams, the 2016 speaker for the undergraduate commencement for the College of Arts and Sciences.

Students receiving their bachelor’s degrees from the College of Arts and Science at 9 a.m. on May 21 will hear a commencement address from Dr. Sharrona Williams. Williams is a Quinnipiac alumna and a board-certified orthopedic surgeon.

Peter M. Fasolo, Vice President, Global Human Resources, Johnson & Johnson, will be one of the Commencement speakers at Quinnipiac University in May 2016. (2012 photo courtesy of A.E. Fletcher Photography)
[/media-credit] Peter Fasolo, the 2016 speaker for the undergraduate commencement for the School of Business and Engineering. (2012 photo courtesy of A.E. Fletcher Photography.)

Vice President of Global Human Resources Peter Fasolo from Johnson & Johnson will deliver a commencement address to students receiving their bachelor’s degrees from the School of Business and Engineering at 1 p.m. on May 21.

Jennifer Ashton will be the Commencement speaker in the undergraduate ceremony for School of Health Sciences in May 2016. (Photo courtesy of Jennifer Ashton)
[/media-credit] Jennifer Ashton, the 2016 speaker for the undergraduate commencement for the School of Health Sciences. (Photo courtesy of Jennifer Ashton)

At 5 p.m. on May 21, health science students receiving their bachelor’s degrees will hear a commencement address from Dr. Jennifer Ashton. Ashton is the ABC News’ chief women’s health correspondent.

Tom Foreman is an Emmy award-winning journalist whose experience spans four decades and virtually every major news story of that period; from Hurricane Katrina, to 9-11, to the murder of Jonbenet Ramsey, to the OJ Simpson trial, to the LA riots and much more.  He will be a commencement speaker at Quinnipiac University in May 2016. (Photo courtesy of Tom Foreman)
[/media-credit] Tom Foreman, the 2016 speaker for the undergraduate commencement for the School of Communications. (Photo courtesy of Tom Foreman.)

Tom Foreman, an Emmy Award-winning CNN correspondent, will give a commencement address for the students receiving bachelor’s degrees from the School of Communications at 9 a.m. on May 22. Adrian Flannelly will receive an honorary degree. Flannelly is the chairman and CEO of Irish Radio Network USA.

Amy Berman, the 2016 graduate speaker for the School of Nursing.
[/media-credit] Amy Berman, the 2016 speaker for the graduate commencement for the School of Nursing.

Students receiving their bachelor’s degrees from the School of Nursing will hear a commencement address from Amy Berman at 1 p.m. on May 22. Berman is a senior program officer at the Hartford Foundation.

Jahana Hayes is Connecticut's Teacher of the Year and a finalist for the 2016 National Teacher of the Year Award.
[/media-credit] Jahana Hayes, the 2016 speaker for the graduate commencement for the schools of business, communications and education.

Students who earned graduate degrees in business, communications and education will hear from Connecticut’s Teacher of the Year and a finalist for the 2016 National Teacher of the Year Award Jahana Hayes at the ceremony on Saturday, May 14 at 9 a.m.

Steve McPherson is president and CEO of Masonicare.
[/media-credit] Steve McPherson, the 2016 speaker for the graduate commencement for the College and Arts and Sciences and the schools or health sciences, medicine and nursing.

Later that day at 1 p.m., Steve McPherson, president and CEO of Masonicare, will give a speech to students who have completed graduate degrees from the College of Arts and Sciences and the schools of health sciences, medicine and nursing.

Mary Bonauto, the speaker for Quinnipaic University 2016  School of Law Commencement. (Infinity Portrait Design 2010. All Rights Reserved.)
[/media-credit] Mary Bonauto, the 2016 speaker for the graduate commencement for the School of Law. (Infinity Portrait Design 2010. All Rights Reserved.)

Mary Bonauto, an attorney who is the civil rights project director at GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders, will speak at the School of Law ceremony on Sunday, May 15 at 9 a.m.