PIZZA 101:

As a freshman, you have plenty to learn at college. Perhaps the most important lesson is where to get great food delivered right to your door late at night. Read on for some of the best bets in the Hamden area when you’re craving something deliciously Italian. Rated on a three slice scale.

Primo Pizza: Located on Whitney Avenue in Hamden, this pizza is cheap and the delivery is fast. Daisy Vargas, a sophomore, recalls the delivery time at “a half an hour or less, which is about average.” Free soda comes with delivery orders and Primo has a wide selection of food ranging from burgers to pizza. Sophomore Kyle Ambusk describes it as a place which has “something for everyone.”
Phone: (203) 288-3200
Last Delivery: 3 a.m.
Rating: 3 slices

Action Pizza: “The mozzarella sticks are amazing,” said sophomore Vincent Mercandetti. “They come in triangle shapes, so that makes them that much better.”
Phone: (203) 287-0301
Last Delivery: 10:30 p.m.
Rating: 1 slice

Domino’s: Domino’s has the best deals out of all the pizza places mentioned. With its 555 deal (buy any three pizzas with any toppings for only five dollars each), and their consistent coupons after every delivery, Domino’s is a cheap way to dine anytime. Students often choose Domino’s for its late delivery and great deals. “I love the kickers with the hot sauce,” said Erin Barrett, a sophomore.
Phone: (203) 288-3800
Last Delivery: 3 a.m.
Rating: 2 slices

Tonino’s Pizza: Italian food has never tasted any better in Connecticut! Although the prices are a bit high, Tonino’s offers a full course meal. “I spend a good amount of money each semester on just Tonino’s raviolis,” said Hannah Farrell, a sophomore. Most meals are about $9 but include the meal, bread and a salad. Delivery takes about 40 minutes.
Phone: (203) 248-8846
Last Delivery: 10:30 p.m.
Rating: 3 slices

Villa Pizza: Located on Whitney Avenue, Villa not only offers the basics in Italian cuisine, but also has fried seafood and Wentworth’s ice cream. “The Oreo is highly recommended,” said Katie McKay, a sophomore. Villa is open Tuesday through Sunday.
Phone: (203) 248-8846
Last Delivery: 10 p.m.
Rating: 2 slices

Si Mangia: Si Mangia has a great selection of Italian cuisines and a variety of paninis. Si Mangia does not deliver so this restaurant is only recommended for those who have cars on campus.
Phone: (203) 248-8846
Rating: 1 slice

Sorrento’s Brick Oven: Located on 244 Skiff Street in Hamden, Sorrento’s is not very well known around campus. They offers salads, calzones, pizza and sandwiches. Each lunch entr