Fall fashion at the Q

There’s more to fall than pumpkin spice lattes.  Students at Quinnipiac University are raving and ranting about the newest fall fashions. During these months, the mornings start off cold and warm up during the afternoon. Fall is the time where people are able to dress down and still look in style. Some people choose to bring out their favorite staple item such as a cardigan or a sweater. Others may choose to dress in their favorite patterns or colors such as deep earth tones, to set the mood for fall. Below are some of the clothes your fellow Bobcats are wearing.

Raymond Brumleve     Cheshire, Conn., Junior

What are your favorite fall colors and patterns?

“My favorite patterns are plaids and color wise orange or blue or tan/brown.”

How would you describe your style?

“My style varies; I can be preppy some days, yet totally hipster/grungy depending on what I am feeling or what my mood is.”

What is your favorite item to wear throughout the fall?

“I love wearing my light brown skinny jeans that really bring out such a fall vibe.”

What are you looking forward to the most within fall fashion at QU?

“The sweaters coming out.  Big, baggy sweaters that just make everything seem so cozy are always exciting to see.”

Stephanie Osei     Bronx, N.Y., Sophomore

“I love the deeper tones of bright colors, shades of brown, hunter green, gold and oxblood.

How would you describe your style?

“My style is dependent on my mood and the weather. As temperature begins to gradually cool down, I am reaching for blue jeans and dark wash a lot more. I also like dark printed jeans. I’ll be reaching for scarves soon that make the cardigans and knit sweaters of the fall even cozier. “

I love cardigans and knit sweaters. They help in adjusting to the cooler mornings and evenings and it is still comfortable enough for the daytime if the sun is out.

“I am looking forward to layers, utility jackets and riding boots the most this fall. I am also looking to seeing summer staples styled for the cooler weather.  It would be nice to see ladies at QU substitute the leggings for a pair of jeans that fit well – it will help with venturing away from the cliché fall look. “

Shanelle Rattray     Goshen, N.Y., Sophomore

“I think this fall cool colors like blues are going to be more popular than warm colors like reds or oranges. For patterns I think floral and tribal patterns are going to be huge. Things that remind people of summer.”

How would you describe your style?

“ I like to dress crisp. I dress nice and a bit preppy but with a touch of street wear to keep it from being too stuffy.”

“My favorite item to wear throughout the fall are my Clarks Desert Boots. They go with everything and they always add a touch of class.”

“I’m excited to see if people venture beyond Vineyard Vines, North Face, or Uggs.”

Ian Zeitlin      Philadelphia, P.A., Freshman

“My favorite fall colors are definitely navy, burgundy, and olive green.”

How would you describe your style?

“I would describe my style as urban. Meaning that I like to dress edgy based on my culture and personality. Its basically a range of styles in one category.”

“My favorite items to wear throughout the fall are vests. I love love love vests!”

“I’m looking forward to seeing how people accessorize their outfits.”

Bonus Fashion Tips:

Here are a few fashion tips for both men and women to stay in style during the fall. For women, a few staple items could be leggings, knee high socks, leather jackets, vest and ankle boots, moccasins, oversized sweaters and light scarves.

For men, a few staple items are blazers, collared cardigans, shawl sweaters or fair isle sweaters with collared shirts underneath, denim jackets and beanies. Loafers, combat boots and earth-toned colored chinos are also a way to top off a great outfit.