Get racy on Twitter with @QUcrushes

Students can anonymously submit both genuine and vulgar descriptions of their crush with @QUcrushes.

A quick browse through your Twitter feed may reveal a slew of re-tweets from the latest trend on campus: @QUCrushes. The Twitter account asks students to send confessions about their crush on the website ask.fm/QUCrushes, and then posts them anonymously in what seems like every few minutes of the day.

The account began on March 24 and has attracted 2,125 followers as of April 1, with nearly 700 tweets. It’s intent seems mostly comedic, since many tweets are descriptively vulgar.

[media-credit name=”Photo courtesy of Twitter” align=”alignright” width=”200″][/media-credit]

One reads, “To the hot girl in blue running next to me on the track today, why dont you take a break from the gym and work out on my pole ;),” and another, “Cassie Saran you a dime…if I flip it what are the chances of me getting head?”

“Oh my god this is hilarious,” Saran said. “The first thing I did when I saw it was laugh and then wondered which one of my friends wrote it.”

However, sometimes an actual confession of genuine feeling slips through on the thread. On April 1, one reads, “Jen Wank is absolutely gorgeous. Why won’t she give anyone a chance?”

“Some of them are crazy and unexpected but I feel like a lot of them are my friends joking around with me,” said sophomore Krista Langan, who was mentioned in a few tweets on the account. One says, “I’d do anything to be hangin’ with krista langan.”

“But it’s still nice when they say nice things like I wanna take you out to dinner” rather than the ever so often raunchy stuff,” Langan added.

Freshman Maria Vardaro thinks @QUcrushes is a great idea because it could boost someone’s self confidence to hear compliments. “It’s also good because it might let someone who wouldn’t otherwise, finally share their feelings.”

But while many students praise the account, calling it the most entertaining part of their long weekend, others aren’t its biggest fans.

“The things that they say are just bizarre,” said freshman Emily Todd. “Like, I get it you want to do dirty things to people.”