Spend this summer at the movies

This summer’s movie releases are jam packed with action, adventure, romance and comedy. The long list of releases includes the long-anticipated “2 Fast 2 Furious” (the sequel to “The Fast and the Furious”), “The Hulk,” “Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle,” “Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines” and “Lara Croft Tomb Raider: the Cradle of Life.”

“2 Fast 2 Furious,” starring Paul Walker, Tyrese, and Cole Hauser, is scheduled for release on June 6. After loosing his badge in the last film, Brian O’Conner (Paul Walker) gets a second chance to prove himself. It is up to him and two sidekick agents, (Tyrese and Eva Mendes) to try and destroy a dominant drug lord.

“The Hulk,” starring Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly, hits theaters June 20. Bana stars as both the human Banner, and also through revolutionary technology and visual effects provided by Industrial Light and Magic, as the superhero Hulk.

“Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle,” starring Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Lui, is set for release June 27. The Angels are back, and in this hot summer flick, the trio will be investigating the theft of a witness protection database, after five people are mysteriously killed. Joining the team is Bernie Mac as the new Bosley and Demi Moore as a fallen Angel.

“Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines,” starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nick Stahl and Claire Danes, will be released on July 2. Taking over from James Cameron, Jonathan Mostow is directing this sequel. The story involves John Connor teaming up with his T-800 model to encounter the TX, a sophisticated model termanatrix.

“Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life,” starring Angelina Jolie, Chris Barrie and Gerard Butler, will appear in theaters July 25. In this adventure, Lara Croft (Angelina Jolie) is on the hunt for Pandora’s Box, an underwater lair. She retrieves the object, only for it to be stolen from her by Chen Lo. He plans on using it as a powerful weapon of mass destruction, unless Croft can stop him in time.

Another movie deserving a mention is “How to Deal,” starring Mandy Moore, Trent Ford and Dylan Baker, which is being released on July 18. Halley (Mandy Moore) has firmly decided that true love does not exist. But then she meets Macon (Trent Ford), who might just change her mind.

Other movies include “Tough Love,” starring Ben Affleck, Jennifer Lopez and Justin Bartha, and “Timeline,” starring Paul Walker, Frances O’Conner and Gerard Butler, are both due out August 1. Thriller “Hollywood Homicide,” starring Harrison Ford, Josh Hartnett and Lena Olin, will be released June 13.