Women’s lacrosse falls to team Wales

The Quinnipiac women’s lacrosse team competed in their final tune up of the fall season on Monday against Team Wales in an exhibition game. Quinnipiac was defeated 13-10, but that was hardly important for Quinnipiac head coach Danie Caro.

On Sunday the Bobcats competed in the QU Fall Classic, in which they played three games and that was noticeable on Monday when they played Team Wales according to Caro.

“Our team obviously didn’t have the fresh legs we would have liked but overall I am happy with the performance.” said coach Caro. “It was nice to go out there and have fun against some different competition, and get some different people some playing time.”

Even though the team ended up losing the game on the scoreboard, there were a few players that stood out and who coach Caro expects to get major contributions from during the season.

Kyra Ochwat was the player who stood out most. Caro is expecting big things from Ochwat this season. The sophomore from Farmingdale, N.Y. scored 4 goals in Monday’s scrimmage.

Even with their tired legs Quinnipiac made this scrimmage a close game, the first half was a seesaw affair going back and forth, until Team Wales made the score 6-5 and took the lead for good from their.

The second half was a half of runs. Team Wales started off the half with four straight goals to make the score 10-5. Quinnipiac then came roaring back with four straight goals of their own. Wales ended up scoring three of the next four goals to cap off the win.

Caro said that her team had a lot of things to work on but thinks her team has a chance to be special.

“When we are good, we are very good.” said Caro when asked how she sees this season going. “The only issue is we are very inconsistent. If we can get into the NEC tournament and peak at the right time, who knows we could be a force to be reckoned with.”

Caro is in her seventh season as the coach for the Bobcats, and is coming off an NEC conference tournament championship two years ago. In all of her previous six years she has led the team to be in the top four in the conference, and she doesn’t think this season will be any different.

“If we practice hard and work out our inconsistencies we have a chance to be really good, but we will see.” said coach Caro