Governor Chris Christie was ‘perfect’ RNC speaker

Blog by Jordan Siegler:

Last night I attended what was technically the second night of the Republican National Convention. I was really excited for it because I am a very big fan of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie. I was not disappointed as he delivered one of the most riveting speeches I have ever heard. Christie delivered a very powerful speech about leadership in this country and how we have had an “era of absentee leadership”. His speech called out Washington saying that they only do what they need to do to get re-elected. Christie stated that leaders do not follow polls they change polls and that American needs a President who will tell people the hard fiscal truth and that Mitt Romney is that President. Governor Christie was the perfect person to make a speech on this topic because he is someone who practices what he preaches. He is the governor of a state that is traditionally a democratic state. He inherited high taxes and a failing system. “Now, there were those who said it could not be done, that the problems were too big, too politically charged and too broken to fix”, said Christie. That is the type of attitude Washington needs. Just because it is a challenge to fix the problems, does not mean they should just avoid them. Avoiding problems is not leadership, its cowardice. How can cowards run a country? They cannot. Only leaders can run a country. Whoever has that attitude, democrat or republican, will be the change this country truly needs. Christie is an example. The governor said:

“They said it was impossible to touch the third rail of politics, to take on the public-sector unions and to reform a pension and health benefits system that was headed to bankruptcy. But with bipartisan leadership, we saved taxpayers $132 billion dollars over 30 years and saved retirees their pensions. We did it.”

Governor Christie asserted that Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will be those leaders that America needs. But only time will tell if he is right.