College makes you a changed man

Fours years ago I came to Quinnipiac because, frankly, there was no other school that wanted me. But if the last four years have shown me anything it’s this: Quinnipiac was the best choice I never made.

I was born and raised in Connecticut and tried as hard as I could to get out of this state to go to school. But as hard as I tried to get out of Connecticut, it never let me go. And I couldn’t be happier about it. Some of the best times and memories of my life have come in the last four years.

When I walk across that stage on May 20, I will be a different person than the me who started here four years ago. It’s the great thing about this place, you can grow and become who you want to be. If you want proof just come ask to see my driver’s license picture. You might see a slight resemblance to Harry Potter.

But I couldn’t have done this adventure without my friends and everyone else I have met here. Everyone who I’ve known, whether for all four years or just one semester, has helped make this the best four years of my life.

I thought the four years of high school went by quickly. Boy was I wrong. It’s truly unbelieveable that this journey is coming to an end. When I walk across the stage on May 20, it’ll be the end of an era but it will not be forgotten.

I will truly cherish all the memories that were created since this adventure started. There are the good (three years working for the Chronicle), the stupid (printer being dropped out a window freshman year), and the probably not too good (waking up to a phone call at 3:30 in the morning informing me that my roommate was in Yale-New Haven Hospital after a night at Toad’s.) They are all what made the last four years so unforgettable.

It’s been one hell of ride since I came to Quinnipiac in 2008. There’s been ups and downs, good times and bad, but I wouldn’t trade the last four years for the world.

Who knows where life will take me in the future. I can only hope it’s half as good as these last four years have been.