Law fraternity to hold softball tournament

Phi Alpha Delta will hold the fifth annual Christopher Bannerman Memorial Softball Tournament at Quinnipiac University at 9 a.m. on Apr. 21 on the field behind the Alumni House.
    “Anyone can participate in the tournament, and undergraduates and faculty are encouraged to do so,” said Stephanie Damiani, a third-year law student and treasurer of Phi Alpha Delta.
    According to Damiani all teams are required to have ten members each. However, there must be at least three female members on the field at all times for each team.
    Damiani explained there is a fee of $20 per team member. She said all team members will receive a free t-shirt and a barbecue will be held immediately following the tournament.
    All proceeds from the event will go toward The Christopher Bannerman Memorial Award. This scholarship is offered each year to a part-time law student who has a law enforcement background, said Damiani.
    Bannerman was a Canton police officer and a Quinnipiac law student who died in an automobile accident in 1998.
    He was also a part of the Quinnipiac Law Review, which is a journal that top law students are invited to take part in.
    She also said that one of Bannerman’s papers was selected for publication.
    Damiani said that Bannerman’s good friend, Don Therkildsen, as well as his wife, started the tournament.

Anyone interested in participating in the tournament should contact Stephanie Damiani at (203)287-2484 or at [email protected].